Wednesday, September 26, 2007

From good to bad

My day today started out just fine. I got up, got ready, and headed off to my interview. I thought my interview went pretty well, and I got asked back for a second interview tomorrow. I'm excited at the second interview, but I don't want to get too excited. I just hope I get the job.

Then I met Mom for lunch. We ate at the Olive Garden and I had some tropical sangria. Let me just tell you that tropical sangria is beyond yummy.

After lunch I went to go get my car washed. Mom told me that there was a place off Inwood that was half price for ladies on Wed. When I pulled up, I thought it looked a little shady, but I got my car washed anyways. As they are cleaning my car, I notice that my back windshield wiper is missing. It had come off in the car wash. The guys that worked there spent probably 20 minutes trying to fix it. They got it back on, but it won't work now. I should have said something at the time, but I didn't know what to do. When I got home and looked at it, it looks like they glued part of it back on. So now I have to go back tomorrow and demand that they pay for it to be fixed. That should be fun. What are the chances of them actually paying?

While I was at the car wash I called Les. He had wanted me to call him and make sure he was awake. So I call him and he's very short with me. Turns out he is still mad at me from the conversation we had last night. So for the rest of the day I'm upset and sick to my stomach cause he's mad at me, even though I don't think I did anything wrong. We were supposed to go out to eat tonight, but that didn't happen. I also went on my break yesterday to rent movies for us to watch. Guess I'll watch them by myself.

After leaving the car wash I went to Old Navy to look for something to wear to my interview. I found a shirt that was priced $16.50, but I got it for $5. I was excited about that. Then I went to Garden Ridge to look at their bar stools. I found some that I really liked. The legs were black wood and the top was the same color and material as my couch. I bought 2 of them. When I got out to my car I tried to open up the back, but it wouldn't open. I messed with it for a few minutes and then walked around to the driver-side door. When I walked around, the door was open slightly. I immediately thought "oh my gosh I left my door open!" I opened it up and looked around the car. Nothing was missing. I was relieved, but freaked out at the same time.

I went to Wal-Mart before I went home to buy groceries. When I got to my car, I went to open up the door and I noticed the handle looked funny. I looked at it closer and saw that someone had used something like a screwdriver to pry open the handle. So I hadn't left my door open at Garden Ridge, someone had tried to break into my car. I'm assuming that the alarm went off and they ran away. But now my handle is all screwed up. And come to find out that my deductible is $250. So how awesome is that?

I went home and dragged my new bar stools up the stairs. And guess what? They aren't tall enough. So later on I had to go and return them. Then I went to Mom's and ate KFC's chicken fried steak. Then we watched one of the movies I had rented, Next. Now I'm at home feeling sorry for myself. I can't believe all this happened in one day. And this was going to be such a good day. Les hasn't called since I talked to him, so hopefully he will call tomorrow. As much as I'm looking forward to my interview, I dread tomorrow.

No comments: