Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catch Up

Sorry I haven’t been posting. I feel like I haven’t even been at home in the past 2 weeks. Here is what I've been up to:

Thursday I babysat for Kristin. It's always nice getting to spend time with Elora. I ended up staying over there talking to Stacey and Liz, instead of going home to sleep. I was so tired the next day. I hadn’t seen Liz in a really long time, so it was nice to see her. We had a long talk and worked some things out.

Friday Kristin and I went to see M.I.A. It was a really fun concert. I only knew 2 of her songs, but I still enjoyed it. She danced around the stage like an Indian dancing around a camp fire. Now I want to dance like that every time I listen to her music. I bought her latest cd at the concert and I’ve been listening to it non-stop.

Saturday night I had to work. It wasn’t busy, as usual. Some of the guys went on a beer run, so I hung out in the back drinking beer and talking to the kitchen guys. Only me, yes I know :)

Sunday I worked, as usual. I didn’t make any money that day either. But I did enjoy some mimosas all day. I ended up staying at work until about 5. Then I had to take Joey to the tire shop and then to his car in Richardson. His tire blew out on the way to work. I didn’t want to go home alone, so I called everyone to see if they wanted to hang out, but big surprise, nobody could. A couple people were doing other things, but it still sucks to realize that I can’t just call up my friends last minute and do something. I ended up going home and passing out.

Monday was Cinco de Mayo. I had a dermatologist appointment in the morning. Hopefully my face will start to clear up. After work I met Mom and Aunt Lana up at Posados for happy hour. They had a free taco bar, so we just had to pay for our drinks. After we left, I went home and passed out. Drinking makes me do that. Next year I want to have a Cinco de Mayo party. Amanda's friend had one. They all dressed up in ponchos and sombreros and fake mustaches, and had a pinata full of condoms. How fun does that sound?

Tuesday Mom and I went to see Rain: The Beatles Experience. It was really good. They sounded just like The Beatles. The guy who played Paul did an unbelievable job. Going to the show made me think of London. You can go see shows all the time there.

Wednesday was the first day I got to go home after work. I was exhausted, so I took a nap. Then I got up and did some laundry and dishes. I didn’t go to bed until midnight since I took that nap. Then around 3 in the morning I woke up with really bad stomach cramps. I didn’t know if I had to go to the bathroom or if I was about to start my period. But I couldn’t get comfortable and it started to worry me. I finally fell asleep 30 minutes later. I never did have to go to the bathroom or start my period. I don’t know what that was all about.

Thurday and Friday I had to work both jobs. I ended up making pretty good money both of those nights. Friday was a fun night. Everybody was in a good mood and the kitchen guys kept making me laugh. Sometimes I feel like I go there just to hang out.

Saturday morning I worked. I made real good money that day. It's so much more laid back on Saturday mornings. After work I came home and took a nap. Les wanted me to come over, but I didn't want to have to get out. I would like to go see him though. After my nap, I just did some cleaning in the kitchen and did some laundry. I've gotten so behind on cleaning my apartment.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Mom and I had originally planned on going to the zoo, but her foot has been bothering her, so we decided to cancel that trip. Instead, we went to The Bronx for brunch. I had been craving pancakes and bacon. We hung out up there for a while and Mom got to experience the kind of people I work with. Bob (a regular) was up there. I just love Bob. After hanging out up there, we went to the movies to see What Happens in Vegas. That was a cute movie. Cameron Diaz is one of my favorites. During the movie I got a real bad headache. Everytime I drink mimosas, I get a headache. I guess I wasn't cut out to drink champagne! I dropped Mom off after the movie, then went to go get gas and some groceries. Then I came home and did some straightening up around the house. I really need to do some Spring Cleaning and clean everything really good. I also need to buy flowers for my patio.

I don't think I mentioned that I bought tickets for the Toadies concert for Labor Day. Me, Kristin, Stacey, Kyle, Joe, and Patty are all renting a cabin at Possum Kingdom that weekend. I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun. Too bad it's going to be scorching outside.


No comments: