Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birthday Cupcakes

I made cupcakes for Keith's birthday. He loves red velvet cupcakes, so I made them without the red food coloring. I didn't want the red to clash with all the bright colors. Then I made buttercream icing to put on top. I wanted it to be electric blue, but it turned out more light blue.
I've never used fondant before, but it wasn't too tricky. I bought the pre-colored fondant. It took me forever to cut out all the flowers and put luster dust on them. That was probably the most time consuming part. I was really happy with how they turned out. They were a big hit at work.

William, Keith, and Joey

Keith and I

Joey's going away party in Monday, so I might try to make something for that. I was thinking either lemon cupcakes or chocolate with peanut butter icing. I will probably do whatever is easiest.

I'm also going to make a cake for German's birthday next weekend. I decided to to a cherry amaretto cake. And after talking to Becca, I've decided to try ganache. Hopefully it will turn out good. Too bad Becca isn't here to help me make it.

Today I started on my earring holder. I just finished painting it, so now I'm letting it dry. Hopefully I will have it done by the end of the day. I'm also cleaning house. I haven't done much because it all seems so overwhelming. So I need to get off here and get busy!

No comments: