Sunday, November 23, 2008

So the lion fell in love with the lamb

So, Chloe has been my little kitty for a week now. I've had a little difficulty with her peeing on my bathroom rug a few times, but other than that, she has settled in fine. She likes to follow me room to room and lay beside me. She likes to stretch her arms out in the air when I rub her belly. When I'm on the couch, she likes to lay in the curve of my body and lay her head on my leg. She really is a sweet cat. She's even started playing with her toys. And did I mention she loves treats?!



I am now hooked on the Twilight series. I finished the first book in 3 days. That's amazing for me. It usually takes me at least a month to read a book. I finished the book just in time for the movie. Mom and I went to go see it early Saturday morning. The movie was good. It was different than I expected, but I like how they put it together for the most part. But I just couldn't get over how crazy Jasper looked! I'm going to start reading the second book tonight.



Lately I've been thinking a lot about what kind of dog I want. I know I can't get one now, but I'd like to decide on the breed that I want. I really want a French Bulldog. They are just the cutest things!


But I decided that I want a little fluffy dog that I can take with me everywhere. So I started looking at the Maletese, but they get separation anxiety. I thought about a Westie, but they are high energy and not really lap dogs. I considered a Lhasa or Shi Tzu, but they can be snippy. I want a dog that will be social and won't be afraid of strangers. I also want a dog that won't be jealous of the other animals. I looked at the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. They are so beautiful. But they can't be left alone for long periods of time.


And then I saw the Havanese. I had never heard of that breed, so I did some research. They are small dogs, under 20 pounds. They are social. They love to entertain. They are also easy to train. So easy that they are used in many circus acts. They have the look of a Lhasa, with the fur and all the different colors. Also, they have the softest fur. I read that they are great companions and don't get jealous. So, you might be looking at my future dog!












No comments: