Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kings of Leon

Wednesday night Amber and I went to the Kings of Leon concert. I was excited about going, but I had no idea just how awesome it would be. It was one of the best shows I have been to in a long time.

We got there a little before 8pm, just in time for We Are Scientists. I listen to them some at work, so I was excited to see them. They put on a pretty good show. We missed the first band – The Stills – but I didn’t know any of their songs, so I wasn’t too sad.

The Kings of Leon seemed to play forever. They played all the songs I wanted to hear, plus more! I just love their unique sound. It’s a mix of southern rock, country, blues, and sexiness. They just seem like good ole’ boys. After watching Caleb (the singer) dance on stage, I’ve concluded that he would be a good dance partner J (especially with a bottle of whisky in his hand) I was really into the concert – singing, dancing, and screaming. It was a lot of fun and I’m glad I went.

Some of the highlights of the show:

Knocked Up
King of the Rodeo
Closer
Cold Desert
Taper Jean Girl
On Call
Milk
Molly’s Chambers
My Party
Sex on Fire

Since I didn’t get any good pictures at the concert, I’ve decided to show you other people’s pictures. Enjoy!

No comments: