Thursday, November 6, 2008

True Love Way

I want in like a substitute
I've been working awful hard for you
But you don't say, you just hold your breath
So I can't touch what I haven't yet
She's a cold one and it hurts me so
It's a dark path and a heck of a toll
And she can kill me just like she did before

Oh we'd be so free
Happy alone
Sharing a smile
So far from home

Push in and I pull away
It's the hard part but the true love way
Girl you're wanted like a wanted man
With a smart mouth and your killer hand
We could both share all that I have made
For a young man it's a heck of a wage
And I feel crazy when I see your face

We'd be so free
Happy alone
Sharing a smile
So far from home
And we would laugh
Laugh till we cried
Making up songs
Making me lie
Happy alone

~Kings of Leon
Because of the Times

No comments: