Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spooky Treats

Today I was off of work. I figured I need a little break before my busy weekend. Since I was off, I decided to devote most of the day to baking. I had planned on making cupcakes, cake pops, and possibly popcorn balls.

I got up around 11am and made the cupcakes and the cake for the cake pops. Then I took a shower and ran a couple of errands. When I got back home, I made the cake into balls and put them in the fridge. Then I made the icing for the cupcakes. I had to have 3 different colors: brown, white, and orange. I had some Martha Stewart cupcake stencils that I had been anxious to use. When I got them out, I noticed that they were quite a bit larger than the actual cupcake. I put the stencil on top the cupcake and poured the sanding sugar over it, and when I lifted it up you couldn't make out the image. I tried it a few more times and then I gave up. I was really disappointed cause I wanted to make super cute cupcakes. So all my cupcakes are covered in sanding sugar. Some of them I made into pumpkins.





After finishing the cupcakes, I started on the cake pops. I wanted them to look like ghosts, so I covered them in white chocolate. They didn't cover as well as I had hoped. After they dried I drew on little chocolate faces. They aren't perfect, but I think they are cute.



There was no way I had time to make the popcorn balls, so I will have to do that another time.

Tuesday I carved my pumpkin. I had never carved one before. I think I did pretty good being that it was my first time. It took me about an hour to clean it out and carve it. But it was worth it. Just look how cute it is!
Before

The insides...ewwww




















HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

No comments: