Sunday, October 5, 2008

Party Time

Well, this horrid week finally came to an end. Friday I went to work at The Bronx, expecting a big party, only to find out the party was cancelled. Luckily I got to go home and didn't have to stay at work. I was feeling pretty down, so I decided to go over to Mom's.
This weekend was Liz and Lizeth's birthday. We were going out on Saturday for Liz's birthday, so I decided to make her some cupcake pops. I had seen them online and had been wanting to try making them. So I gathered up all the supplies (and some movies) and headed to Mom's. We ended up staying up until almost 4am making those pops. But it was fun. They turned out super cute and everyone loved them. I will definitely be making more of these in the future.
They have lemon cake inside and melted chocolate on the outside.
Saturday I got up and went to go get my hair cut. I cut it shorter in the back. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. After my hair appointment, I headed to the cake store. I ended up spending more than I had planned, but I came home with a lot of stuff. I mainly went to buy stuff to make sugarpaste flowers and stuff for my Halloween cupcakes. Friday is a girl I work with's birthday, so I promised I would make her red velvet cupcakes. I'm going to make them pink and try making sugarpaste flowers to decorate them. I've never worked with sugarpaste, so this should be interesting.
After running errands all day, I was exhausted. I came home and took a nap. After my nap I got up, got ready, and met Kristin, Amber, Liz, and Ceaser at Amber's place. Then we went to Zephyr's and met up with Cheyenne and his friend Jonathan. I really had a good time. We had some drinks, laughed, and danced. I didn't get home until 3am. Needless to say I passed out as soon as I got in bed.
Traditional group photo
Liz eating her cupcake pops
Amber showing her domestic goddess side
Kristin line dancing
Today was a lazy day for me. I slept until 1 and then took a nap later on in the day. My allergies have been bothering me today, so I didn't do much. Oh well, that's what Sundays are for!
I finally uploaded the pictures of my pumpkins. Here they are below.

No comments: