Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cold War Kids

Last Thursday was the Cold War Kids concert. Ben, Gina, and I went to Lola's Saloon in Ft Worth. I had never been there before. It was a cross between the Wreck Room and the Double Wide. Small and cramped, but cozy.


So, did I mention that I am absolutely in love with this band. Nathan's voice is just amazing. I love the incorporation of the piano and other not so common instruments. All of the songs seem to be filled with such emotion and raw energy.


Some of the highlights of the show:


Something is not right with me

Hang me up to dry

Welcome to the occupation

I've seen enough

Robbers

Against privacy

Relief

Saint John

Hospital Beds

Every man I fall for


It was an amazing show. I wish I had been closer, but oh well. By the way, my ears are still ringing 5 days later. Below are some of the photos I took. This is the first time I have taken my new camera to a concert. I wasn't close enough to get the photos I wanted, so most of these are just pure luck. Anyways...enjoy!


Cold War Kids' guitars
Ben, Gina, Me

Gina & Ben

Random painting

Against Privacy

Playing with my camera settings

Tonight they were on Jay Leno. So awesome!

No comments: