Monday, March 17, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Yep, I've been busy.

Friday I went to work. And then after work I went to work. Unfortunately it was a waist of time to work at The Bronx because I only made $20.

Saturday I got up early and went over to Kristin's. We picked up Amber and went to the St Patrick's Day Parade on Greenville Ave. It was a lot of fun. We started out at Lovers and Greenville, where we watched the parade. Then we went down to Lower Greenville and walked around. We did a lot of walking that day. My legs are still killing me.

Sunday I had to go to work. We were short handed, but I was glad. I ended up making $160. I was so excited. After work I came home and spent the rest of the day being lazy.

Today I had jury duty. I got out of it because you have to live in Dallas to serve, and I live in Garland. So I was glad about that. After I left the courthouse, I went to both of the tow truck offices. Of course nobody was there that could help me. After leaving the second office, I started crying in my car. I'm just so frustrated. And I don't know what to do. It will be such a hassle to sue them, but I don't want to let them get away with this. I don't understand how people can live their lives like this. So, I don't know what to do about it.

I came home, watched Martha Stewart, and took a nap. It felt good to have the day off. After my nap, I showered and went over to Les'. We had a really good time tonight. I love nights like these. Now I am at home, wishing I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.

I feel like a different person than I was a month ago. I am no longer depressed or worried about money. I have a good job, my benefits start in April, I have time off to do things, and I feel more independent. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to take Mom out for her birthday and pay for everything AND buy her a gift. Also, it was so nice to not have to request off of work to go to the parade. We decided kind of last minute to go. It's just a nice feeling.

I'm looking forward to next weekend. Les is coming over to stay with me. We will probably stay up all night watching movies and sleep in late. Sunday I want to see if Mom wants to go to brunch for Easter. And I don't have to work next weekend. I always like that!

No comments: