Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I don't understand

How are you supposed to get experience if nobody will give you a chance? Am I supposed to be born with it? I don't understand!

Nobody wants to hire me because I don't have experience. I don't have experience in banking, yet I have over 7 years of cash handling experience. I don't have experience in data entry, but how hard is it to type things on the computer and answer phones? I have the drive and the will, but I guess that is not what they are looking for. It doesn't matter that I have a college degree, that I'm a fast learner, that I am accurate, organized, and detailed, or that I want to be the best at my job. Nope, it all comes down to: do you have experience?

And it surely doesn't make me feel better being second best. We really liked you, but we went with someone else. If I had 2 positions, I would be offering you a job too. That just makes me feel like I'm just not good enough.

I've been looking for a job since August. And nobody seems to want to give me a chance.

No comments: