Thursday, January 10, 2008

Working girl

Well, sort of. This week I am doing a temp job at Mohr Partners, Inc. It's a commercial real estate place. My job is to answer the phones and direct calls. Some may call me a receptionist, but I prefer fancy phone lady. Yes, that will be my new alias.

It hasn't been fun getting up so early. My alarm goes off at 5:30am, and I leave around 7am. The phone doesn't ring too much, so it can get kind of boring. Tuesday I finished reading Wicked while at work. Yesterday I read the newspaper, tried sudoku (that is impossible and only stresses me out. i thought those kind of things were supposed to be better for you!), cleared out all my old emails since from the beginning of the year, and watched MSNBC. Today I brought my journal from London, and I am transferring it into a cute journal that I bought. I've been meaning to do it for a while, but I am lazy and I knew it would be time consuming. I've been doing it all morning, and now my hand hurts.

I can't wait till this weekend. I'm looking forward to sleeping in and seeing Les. I haven't seen him all week. I've been so tired after work that I usually just fix dinner and go to sleep by 8:30pm. Sad, I know.

Next week I have an interview with a credit union. At the beginning of this week I interviewed with Colonial Bank. I'm supposed to hear from them by Friday, which is tomorrow. But if I get that job, training doesn't start till Feb.

I have to call this place called the Bronx. It's a restaurant in Oak Lawn, I believe. Tanya worked there a few nights a week for extra money. I REALLY don't want to do it, but I kind of have to. I don't have any money. Just the thought of working as a waitress makes me tear up.

Les got his license straightened out and his brother-in-law offered him a job. He will be dropping off equipment at different site and get paid $13. I'm so happy for him. I'm glad that he doesn't have to wait tables anymore. Now I just need a job.

Changing the subject, I've decided to take my blog more seriously. I started it at first to be an online journal and to let everyone know what I was up to. It was fun at first, but then I started to feel like I HAD to do it. I would be tired at the end of the day and just write something quick so I could get it over with. Well, no more! I'm only going to write when I actually have time to do it. Also, I've been looking at other people's blogs and they have a bunch of neat things on theirs. I'm going to pimp my blog. Or at least try. I also wish my friends would start a blog (hint, hint, Kristin).

No comments: