Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back to normal

This weekend was a lot better than this past week. I finally feel like my bad luck has run out!

Friday I worked both jobs. Bleh! I also let me manager at The Bronx know that I will only be working on Sundays now. It just hasn't been worth my time coming in on Fridays. So I'm pretty excited about that. Since there were no tables in my section, I left early and ran some errands. I went to Lowes to buy a couple of pots, a mini shovel, and gardening gloves. I ended up buying a lot more than that. Then I stopped by the store to buy some groceries. When I got home, I made a California Pizza Kitchen pizza, had a few beers, listened to Band of Horses, and read my magazines. It was glorious. BTW...I'm a huge fan of MGD 64 now.

Saturday Mom and I went to eat at the Cotton Patch. We've only been there a couple of times, but I really enjoy the food there. After eating, we stopped by the Rockwall and the Mesquite Animal Shelters and the SPCA.

At the Mesquite shelter, we saw the most adorable terrier. She was small with tan and white markings. She was 2 years, very playful, and just a very sweet girl. Mom asked the front desk if they could hold her and they told us that they couldn't because she was going to be put to sleep Tuesday morning of she wasn't adopted. I almost started crying. Just the thought of that sweet little dog being put to sleep just cause no one adopted her. I couldn't take it. I decided that either Mom or I would go get her on Monday if she was still there. If Mom didn't want to keep her, we would find her a home or a rescue group to give her to.

Later that day, Mom helped me replant my cactus and succulents. I had the them all in one large pot, but over time they have grown and were taking over each other. I went from having one pot to having 7. I hope I have room for all of them outside!

No comments: