Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Progress

Well, it’s been one week since I started my new lifestyle. And things are going well. I’ve already lost 5 pounds! One more pound and I will be below 200. I’ve been trying to make better choices when I eat. Les and I went to Jason’s Deli and I ordered a turkey sandwich and fruit. I’ve also been trying to drink a lot of water. Mom bought me a Brita pitcher to help me.

Now I just need to get some exercise in my daily routine. I have a bunch of work-out videos at home, so I need to start doing them at night. I would really like to start running. There is a park across from my apartments, so I should take advantage of that.

So, one of my co-workers is thinking about going to Europe to teach English. I started doing some research on it, and I got very interested. You have to take a class to get certified, and then you go overseas for a year. I heard that some places pay for your place to stay and give you an allowance. You only make around $1,000 a month, but if you don’t have any bills, then it’s just extra spending money. If I did it, I would teach in Spain. I talked to Mom about it and she seems to think it would be a good experience for me. I didn’t have a problem adapting in London. And we all know how well I get along with Mexicans! I’ve always wanted to go to Spain, and I’ve always wanted to fluently speak Spanish. Now would be a great time to do it. After a year at my current job, they want you to move on. So, before I settle into a career, I could go do this. Before I get married, have kids, and have more bills. I want to travel more. And I want to really live life. But right now, it’s just something that I’m researching; nothing set in stone.

No comments: