Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentines Day

So I realized that I never did a Valentines post. Oops! I had to work all weekend and Monday, but I did find some time to make goodies. I made these cupcakes for a friend. She let me pick the design, so I decided to make the sweet heart candy out of fondant. I think they turned out so adorable.

My friend also requested these Xbox cupcakes. I could never get the logo right, but I had no problem with the controllers. They were so much fun to make.

I wanted to make something for work, so I decided to make heart shaped cake pops. I'd never made a heart cake pop before, but they were super easy. I just used a cookie cutter to shape them. I was really surprised how cute and professional they turned out. I know it's not cute to brag, but look at these things!

I made some chocolate covered strawberries and cake pops for my Mom. She loves chocolate covered strawberries!

At work I got to experience my first proposal. It was crazy busy and this couple sat down at one of my tables. After I took their drink order the guy stood up and asked me to follow him. He then told me he was going to propose and he wanted me to take pictures. I was so nervous all night carrying around his camera and waiting for the moment. I went crazy with the picture taking when he proposed! It was such a sweet thing to see. I didn't hear anything he said because it was so loud, but she did say yes.

No comments: