Sunday, May 30, 2010

Here comes summer

This week has been pretty uneventful. Thursday I took Riley to the vet for her shots. I also had them take x-rays to see if she has hip dysplasia. Good news - she doesn't have hip dysplasia. Bad news - she has bad hips :( The vet said that she could probably live with it, but she might eventually have to have surgery. And she has a slightly enlarged heart. My poor baby!
Thursday I also worked on my practice wedding cake. I'm not even going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about this cake. I didn't have any trouble with the piping, but the fondant was not cooperating. Hopefully everything will go smoothly this weekend. *fingers crossed*
Friday after work I came home and got in bed. Later on Amber called to see if I wanted to go eat. She picked me up and we went back to Twisted Root Burger. This time I got a picture of the sign :)

After eating we walked around Deep Ellum and hung out on the rooftop of one of the bars. It was hot and sticky outside, so we didn't stay long. But Amber took these awesome pictures with her phone while we were there.

Today I worked and it was pretty busy. During calls I worked on my crocheting. I'm becoming quite the master ;) Hopefully these little squares will turn into a super cute blanket for someone special.

Speaking of someone special, I want to share these adorable pictures of my nieces. Aren't they the cutest?!

Here is Willa with her BFF Audrey

I'm so excited because I get to see them tomorrow. I'm looking forward to swimming and hanging out with my friends.

Now I will leave you with a random picture. I've killed most of my plants this year, and I figured this one was dying a slow death. Out of nowhere these blooms popped up and only lasted for a couple of days.

No comments: