Sunday, April 25, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

Last week I made some yummy peanut butter cupcakes for my supervisor at work. These are one of my favorites.

I also made this cake for a bridal shower. I wanted to add shimmer to the flowers, but it didn't look right. So I used an edible shimmer spray and sprayed the cake instead. It turned out so pretty. Now I want to spray everything with that shimmer!

This weekend I made cupcakes for my friend Stacey's little girl's baptism. I used the shimmer spray on all the fondant accents.

I also made some goodies for a basketball themed party. The cupcakes are my favorite. I put a 10 on the jersey since it was the boy's 10th birthday.

Friday Amber and I went to Seth's wedding. I've known Seth since middle school. I used to hang out with him, Casey, and Brad back in the day. I haven't really seen too much of them lately, so it was nice to see them all at the wedding. It's crazy seeing your childhood friends get married. It makes me feel old.

We missed the actual wedding because we couldn't find the place. We drove in circles for about 20 minutes before we found it. But we made it just in time for the reception :)

Saturday was a hard day. I only got about 3 hours of sleep Friday night and I had to work Saturday. I was soooo close to calling in, but I didn't want to screw up my chances of going to Vegas. I came home after work and passed out. I got up around 9, fixed some nachos, and watched Crazy Heart with Mom. I really liked the movie, but I was creeped out watching Maggie Gyllenhaal kiss Jeff Bridges. She's in her 30s and he's in his 50s....gross.

Today I got up early because my neighbor's dog would not stop barking. Ugh! Mom got us breakfast tacos and then I cleaned out my closet and did laundry. Later we went shopping. I wanted to get some new tennis shoes. I want to start working out, so hopefully getting new shoes will motivate me. I've been looking at the Reebok Easy Tone shoes for a couple of months. I found a pair of black ones that I really liked, so I got them. I also got a pair of the Easy Tone flip flops. They are super comfortable.

Then we went to Old Navy where I spent too much money. But I got me 2 skirts, 2 shirts, and 2 tank tops. And after that we went to Target. So now I'm broke. But at least I will look cute :)

Last week I pre-ordered the new Sookie Stackhouse book "Dead in the Family." I can't wait! If you haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse series I definitely recommend it.

I also pre-ordered the second season of True Blood. I've been waiting for this to come out since before Christmas. I guess they wanted to wait until the 3rd season was about to start. (which I'm so excited for)

I'm really not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. There has been talk of a lot of changes and it's been real stressful. But I just need to make through 2 more weeks and then I get to go to Vegas. Wish me luck!

No comments: