Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend

Last weekend was a pretty good weekend. Saturday morning I got up and finished this troll cake. The customer wanted a troll cake because she thought her daughter resembled a troll. She sent me the cutest picture of her daughter with her hair pulled up on top of her head, and she did look like a little troll! I decided to not cover the cake in fondant. I iced the cake about 4 times trying to get it smooth. I think I like the look of the fondant better, but it still looked cute. My favorite part is the sparkly fish around the bottom tier.



I had to deliver the cake around 1pm. After that I picked up Amber and we went to eat at BJ’s. I always have the hardest time deciding what I want to eat there. I ended up getting the chicken pesto pizza and a salad. When we finished eating we went over to Best Buy. Since my computer monitor is broken, I needed to get a new one. I found the one I wanted, but they didn’t have it in the store. They ordered it for me, but I had to wait for it to be shipped to my house. While I was there I also bought an external hard drive and a nifty pink Wii remote. Maybe that will motivate me to use it more!

We went back to Amber’s house and I helped her clean a little. Then we picked up Chili’s to go and watched New Moon. I know it’s corny, but I just love that movie. I also really like the soundtrack. I ended up getting home around 2 in the morning and went straight to bed.

I slept in on Sunday and then got up for lunch. I layed on the couch and watched 30 Days of Night with Mom. After the movie I went back to bed for a little bit. I spent the entire day being lazy in bed. I watched Lord of the Rings, balanced my checkbook, and snuggled with Riley. I wish I would have done something for Easter, but our family never gets together and there aren’t any young children around to hunt eggs with. Last year we made Easter baskets for the dogs, but they have some many toys and treats already.

No comments: