Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back in the saddle again

I haven’t been avoiding you, I’ve just had some bad luck. My computer monitor finally died. So I’ve been without a computer for two weeks. This post is from 3 weekends ago. I will try to split up the post from the past two weeks so you are not overloaded :)

Friday morning I woke up and went outside to play with the little ones in the sun.
I showered, got ready, and ran some errands. When I got back home I worked on finishing the saxophone birthday cake and baseball cake pops. Mom helped out mucho when she got home. After we finished decorating, we dropped off the goodies and had some family time.

When I got back home I worked on the New Moon cupcakes. A friend from work was throwing a New Moon watching party and she wanted Team Edward and Team Jacob cupcakes. The Jacob cupcakes were chocolate with peanut butter icing and the Edward cupcakes were vanilla with buttercream icing.

All day Friday I had been sick with allergies. It seemed to get worse as the day went on. When I got into bed I felt achy and cold. I got up to put on some pants and warm socks. When I got back in bed I was shivering so badly I bit my tongue. I was finally able to relax and fall asleep.

When I woke up Saturday morning I was SICK. I was sneezing, my throat was swollen, my ears were stopped up, and I felt like I had been hit by a bus. But I still got up and went to work. I wasn’t able to go to the New Moon party, so I was bummed about that. I went home after work and got back in bed. I thought sleep would help, but it didn’t. I got up around 9 and Mom and I went to CiCis. I really wanted to go to Pizza Inn, but they were closed.

On our way back home we stopped to get me some Benadryl and a netti pot. I’ve heard all about these Netti pots, but had never tried one. I thought it would be no big deal, but let me tell you…that thing is way uncomfortable! You have to mix this saline packet with warm water and pour it in your nose. That stuff goes right down your throat and you’re still supposed to breathe through your mouth. Of course I choked and gagged and made some awful noises. I ended up using it a couple more times that weekend and it got a little better.

Sunday wasn’t much better for me. I spent the entire day in bed. I was disappointed because I had planned on cleaning my room and other stuff. Monday I still didn’t feel good, but I had to go to work. Boy does it suck not having sick days or insurance. Anyways, I made it through the day and the next day. Now I am finally feeling better. Woo-hoo!!

My Mom’s friend at work was retiring and Wednesday was her last day. I made cupcakes for Mom to take to work. We made lemon with raspberry, vanilla with chocolate, and vanilla with buttercream. I had problems with the icing being to runny and it definitely stressed me out. I had to remake the buttercream icing because the first batch just melted off the cupcakes. Luckily Mom was there to help cut out the flowers or I would have been really stressed.

I made some Easter cupcakes for Friday. They are vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing and the lovely duckies!

I also made these too cute sheep cake pops. It took me all night to just make 3 of them. I had seen them on Bakerella and wanted to give it a try. They were way too cute to eat :)

No comments: