Sunday, October 18, 2009

The show must go on

Being sick is no fun. And lately, I feel like I've been sick constantly. I got sick with really bad allergies on Friday. Then I felt like I was coming down with the flu on Sunday. Monday I felt better, but not good. Then Wednesday I had to leave work early because I felt so bad.

I ended up spending over $200 going to the doctor and getting medicine. Well, my mom did :( My allergies had caused an infection. I was waking up in the middle of the night sweating, my throat felt raw, my chest hurt, and I developed a little cough. But I'm feeling much better now. It feels so good to be able to breathe normally.

On top of being sick, I was also pretty stressed on Friday. I dropped Riley off at the vet to get fixed. I had the doctor to take a look at her teeth because some of her teeth were orange looking. It looked like she had got into a bag of Cheetos. The vet suggested that I get her teeth cleaned, so I signed her up for that too. I was already worried about her since she is my little baby. And when I came to pick her up, the bill was a lot higher than I was expecting. They also told me that they had pulled 4 of her teeth during the cleaning. I was shocked to hear that, but I didn't question it much. Then they brought her out to me and she looked so sad. Her whiskers were all wet and matted. I had to fight back the tears. When we got home, she was shaking and she just looked like she felt so bad.

I started looking over all the charges on the bill and became upset. Apparently she was in heat, which is puzzling since she was in heat almost 2 months ago. And of course there was an extra charge for that. Also, I became more and more upset that they pulled 4 of her teeth without calling me. I was worried they might be her front teeth since her tongue was hanging out. I didn't really want to stick my fingers in her mouth and poke around. Mom called the vet the next day to find out what happened. He apologized for not calling and said that she had a double set of canine teeth and the baby teeth hadn't fallen out. There would have been problems down the road if they hadn't been removed. Luckily, the next day Riley felt much better.

We also had a garage sale on Friday. I made about $60, which means I can get my hair done! Unfortunately, we had stuff left over that we had to put away. Maybe we will have another garage sale in the spring.

Saturday night I went to the Descender/ Dove Hunter show in Ft. Worth. I've been listening to Dove Hunter non-stop lately. I always like going to see them because Chad is one of my favorite people. This was Descender's first show. So I went out to support Casey as well. If you know anything about me, you know that I was a HUGE fan of the band Doosu. They broke up some time back, but I've still followed their new bands. Chad was the bassist and Casey was the singer in Doosu. So getting to see half of Doosu in one night is always fun. I'm really excited for Casey's new band and I hope everything works out great. Here are a couple of pictures from the show last night.

Today I layed in bed for as long as I could (which was not long enough). Then Mom picked me up to go to a Scentsy party. I hadn't planned on buying much, but everything smells so good! Now I can't wait to get my stuff. Afterwards we went to dinner at Chilis. I just wanted to get back in bed when I got home, but it was only 6 o'clock! So I did a little reading and blogging, and now I'm ready for bed. I have a busy week ahead of me. I have to get ready for Kristin's baby shower, so getting some extra sleep might be a good idea :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

I think you would really like the stuff on this website:

Not that you need any more reasons to spend money, but it's fun to look at.