Friday, November 13, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...or something like that

Well it’s November and it’s time to get busy. I’m scheduled to move the weekend after Thanksgiving, so that means I’ve been busy packing and thinking about packing and putting off packing. I’ve also been helping Mom paint my room. I wanted to paint it green, but it was so hard to find the right shade of green. I finally picked out the one – Jalapeno Jelly. After we paint the room, we have to get new carpet put down. Then the room will be ready. I'm also going to paint my closet door with chalkboard paint. I think it's going to look so good. Here is what my room looks like so far.

We had Kristin’s baby shower back in October. It was a story book theme, which turned out really cute. I made lemon raspberry cupcakes and cookie party favors. Kristin got a lot of cute clothes and tons of books. Here are some pictures from the shower:


For Halloween Mom and I dressed up the little fur balls and headed to the dog park. Riley was a pumpkin and Roxie was a bee. After the dog park we went out to eat. And then we decided to see a movie. It was between Paranormal State and Zombieland. Against our better judgment we picked Paranormal State. That was the SCARIEST movie! I was scared to go home by myself.


The next day I turned 27. Can you believe it?! Mom took me to lunch at Macaroni Grill. She also bought me the prettiest cake ever. I had seen it at Central Market a while ago, and I told her that I had to have it. One day I hope I can make cakes this pretty.

The following weekend was Chelsey's baby shower. She is having her baby around the same time as Kristin, so I'm going to have two sweeties to visit. I didn't take many pictures, but I did get one of Chelsey and I.

On a sad note, my Aunt Duck passed away last Saturday. She was my great aunt who lived in Oklahoma. I wasn't able to go to the funeral because of work. But I wanted to share this picture of my Aunt Duck and Uncle RC.

I finally got around to uploading pictures from my camera and discovered this picture from the KOL concert.

I've been behind on so many things like uploading pictures, updating my blog, etc. But hopefully my life will be back to normal once I get settled into my new room.

No comments: