Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where did she go?

You might be thinking that I was abducted by aliens or possibly disappeared in a magic trick gone horribly wrong. Worry no more. I've just been sitting around being too lazy to write. You would think that with all my "free time" I'd write more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here is what I've been up to. I will post pictures later.

A few weeks ago I had brunch with Amber at Ozonas. It was such a pretty day outside, so we wanted to enjoy the day. We thought about going to the zoo, but it was already 3pm and the zoo closed at 5pm. Then we considered the Dallas Aquarium, but that closed at 5pm too. Then someone suggested Six Flags. I hadn't been there in such a long time. So we decided to go, and we headed off to Arlington.

When we got there, we were told that the power had been out for 2 hours and they didn't know when it would be back up. We were really disappointed and decided to hang out for a while. After a little while, we saw that the rides were running again, so we bought tickets. It was a lot of fun. We didn't have much time, so we ran from ride to ride. By 10pm, we were exhausted. It was a good day.

The Saturday before Easter, Mom and I took Riley and Roxie to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny at Unleashed. On Easter we took the dogs to the Pooch Parade at Unleashed. I entered Riley in the "Best Little Dog" contest. She didn't win, but everyone kept telling me she should have.

After the parade we went to eat at Posados. I didn't want to go since Les works there, but I was out voted. We ended up sitting in the section right next to his. When I saw him, I really freaked out. I had no idea I would react that way. It just really bothered and angered me that he showed up at my place a year after we broke up to give me a letter he had written me. Luckily he didn't come over to our table.

Tuesday I went out to my car and discovered I had one semi-flat tire and one extremely flat tire. I had to call road side assistance to get them to put on my spare. And then I had to go to Discount Tire. It ended up that I had to get 3 new tires. And I got the tires for free! I love Discount Tire. I only had to pay for the warranty, which is like $17. But they only had 2 of the tires, so I had to go back to get the third one. Before I could, I had another flat tire. So I went back up there and they said I needed to replace my remaining original tire as well. And of course they had to order another one. I have to go back tomorrow to get the last one put on. But there are some cute guys that work up there, so I don't mind going back :)

For a while I've been worried about my unemployment benefits. It had been 6 weeks, and I still hadn't received the money. I kept calling and was told that nobody had worked on it cause they were behind. If I didn't get the money, then I had no idea what I would do. My severance didn't come till a month after I was laid off, so I was behind on my bills. And it was also $100 short of what my checks had been. I finally got some good news. I checked my status tonight and it looks like they have approved my claim and I will be getting the money! I am so relieved. Now I can pay off my debt, pay back my Mom, and save some money. Now all I need is a job....

Lately I've been doing a lot of research on dog food for Riley. I got a sample of Nature's Variety - Instinct. She really loved it and it doesn't contain any wheat, corn, soy, or by-products. I decided to keep feeding her this brand. They also offer raw food. It's supposed to be good for them and it mimics the diet they would have in the wild. After picking a food for Riley, I decided I wanted to feed Chloe better as well. I did some research and decided to try Wellness cat food. It's really good for her, but she doesn't seem to want to eat it. So today Mom and I went to Canine Commissary to find cat food. We couldn't decide on one, so the lady at the store gave us some samples of different cat food. They also gave me some samples of raw cat food. I think Chloe would really like the raw meat. And I hope she likes one of the samples I brought home.

No comments: