Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update

It’s been a while, but I haven’t been up to much.

I’m finally done with all my Christmas shopping. I can’t wait for Christmas. I’m excited about giving Mom her gifts. Only 3 more days! Mom didn’t put up a tree this year, so she brought all the presents over to my place to put them under my tree. There are so many presents that they don’t all fit under the tree! But don’t worry, they are not all mine. :)

Tuesday morning I woke up with a dry, sore throat. I just figured it was because I slept with the heater on kind of high that night. When I woke up Wednesday morning, my throat really hurt. It felt real dry and itchy. But I still didn’t think too much of it. Then Thursday morning I knew I was sick. I had a tickle in my throat that I couldn’t get rid of. And I had pressure in my ears. So after work on Thursday I went to the doctor. They told me I had an upper respiratory infection. They gave me a steroid shot, which I’ve never had before. When I woke up Friday morning, I felt so much better. My voice still cracks a little, but my throat no longer feels itchy and dry. I’m so glad. I really didn’t want to get sick right at the holidays.

Friday my co-worker Jenni gave me a cd of her favorite music from 2008. It’s a really good cd, and I was excited to listen to new music. So I got to thinking and decided to make a list of my own.

Kings of Leon – Knocked Up
Cold War Kids – Every Man I Fall For
Shiny Toy Guns – Starts With One
MIA – Paper Planes
Death Cab for Cutie – Tiny Vessels
Jenny Lewis – The Next Messiah
Band of Horses – The Funeral
Peter, Bjorn, and Jake – Young Folks


This weekend I made my first order of yummy goodness that someone actually paid for! Brady wanted me to make him cake pops for Christmas. I was originally going to make ornaments, but decided to make santa hats at the last minute. I made the cake molds Friday night and decorated them on Saturday. It wasn't hard to do, it was just time consuming. I think they turned out super cute. I was so tired by the time I was done that I just snapped a couple of pictures of them and put them in bags.




No comments: