Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time flies

I can’t believe Christmas has come and gone. Now it will be 2009 before you know it!

I had a very wonderful Christmas this year. I had to work on Christmas Eve day, but only until around 11:30am. After work I went to go pick up my record player from the shop, but it was closed. The guy was at lunch, but I didn’t want to wait around for 40 minutes for him to return. I stopped at the store on my home to pick up a few things. Big mistake! It took me forever just to park. Wal-Mart was packed! I ran in and out as fast as I could. By the time I got in my car I was cranky and hungry. So I picked up some Wendys and headed home. After I ate, I passed out until it was time to go over to Uncle Larry’s.

The usual crew was there: me, Mom, Uncle Larry, Jackie, Krystale, Wayne and Brain. We ate the usual: sausage balls, cheese ball, chips and queso. I was excited about this Christmas because I got to buy lots of gifts for Mom. I gave her a good Christmas, but she did better! I got a lot of surprises this year. Mom got me a zoom lens for my camera. I cried a little when I opened it. I also got a pair of Ed Hardy shoes, a DVD player (yay! since mine is acting up), a chandelier decal, some clothes, MAC makeup and some earrings. The biggest surprise of all……


I had thought I might get this, but when Mom brought over all the presents, this was no where to be found. Mom even hid it in the garage until I had opened all my presents. Of course I cried. I was so freakin surprised!

Christmas morning Mom came over to my apartment. We opened up our stockings, which is my favorite thing! I was more excited about Mom opening up here stocking than I was about mine. Why you ask? Because I got her the new Ipod nano. She was totally surprised. After opening stockings, we made breakfast. We made pigs in a blanket, hash browns, and crepes. It was so yummy. And I was so full afterwards.

The rest of the day we spent lounging around. I uploaded some music on her ipod and we watched Blade movies. It was a good day. And a good Christmas!

Friday we had planned on going to Northpark, but we didn’t get out until later in the afternoon. It was around 4pm when we made it to the mall. I had never seen so many people there before. It was worse than Black Friday. We didn’t even make it into the mall. After driving around for almost an hour we decided to go eat instead. Since we were in that area we went to Mattitos. We had a margarita and some nachos. Then we decided to go to the movies. We went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I loved it! It was such a wonderful movie. And Brad Pitt is just perfect. I definitely recommend you see it. After the movie, we decided to see another movie – Marley & Me. It was a cute movie. But it made me never want to get a big dog :)

The weather was perfect Friday night. It wasn’t too cold and the wind felt nice. I ended up sleeping with my windows open (my favorite thing). I did wake up early in the morning, and the wind was blowing so hard that I had to get up and shut the window. Not too long after that, the rain came. I didn’t get up till around noon and just stayed around the house all day. I did manage to put up most of my gifts and clean up the living room and kitchen. These days I feel like I’m always in my kitchen. All day on A&E they were running a Flip This House marathon. For some reason I love that show. I only get to watch it on Saturdays. Then after that they ran a CSI: Miami marathon which I always enjoy. And that was pretty much my day.

Today was my lazy day. I didn’t get out of bed till after 1pm. I ate a bowl of cereal and then got back in bed. I pretty much spent the whole day reading. I finished up the third book in the Twilight series. It was so good! Such an emotional book. For Kristin’s sake I won’t say much :) But I just love how much both Jacob and Edward love Bella. One day, I want that kind of love. I’m still leaning more towards Jacob. I’m not angry with Edward anymore. But I just think Jacob is better for her. He is safer, more human, and just too adorable! That is one lucky girl! Of course other than the fact that someone is always trying to kill her. So soon I will start on the last book. I’ve heard it’s the best, so I’m anxious. But I will be sad when I’m done reading them all.

Tomorrow I plan on having lunch with Kristin. I need to give her the second and third Twilight books to read. I’m so excited that she likes these books. Now I have someone else to talk about them to. After lunch Mom and I are going to Northpark to do some shopping. Then Tuesday I have to go back to work. Bleh! But at least it’s only for one day.
I put up the decal in my bathroom above my toilet. Where else would you hang a chandelier?!
Below are some pictures I took of Chloe. Mom and I like to put things on her and see how long they will stay there. The others I snapped of her while she was sleeping.

So cute....

No comments: