Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Crazy Fun

So, I had a blast this weekend!

Friday was filled with drama. But what is our group without a little drama?! Anyways, Amber came up to see me at work just before close. Keith totally fell in love with her, so he suggested we all go out for drinks. Me, Amber, Keith and William all went to The Roundup. We only stayed for a little while. It's so strange to see two cowboys dancing with each other! Then we went back to The Bronx. While we were standing in the parking lot, Mr. Muscles pulls up. He agreed to go with us, so we headed to JRs. Did I mention that he was wearing a muscle shirt? So anyways, while we were there, Keith and Amber were everywhere, so Mr. Muscles and I sat down in the couch room. A while later, Keith came in without Amber. I asked where she was, and he said she was with Indiana Jones. Shortly after, a guy comes in wearing khaki shorts, an I Love NY t-shirt, and an Indiana Jones hat. When Amber came in the room, we grabbed her and headed to Havanna. I love that place. They were playing Pitbull as soon as we walked in. Man, I danced so much. But it was so much fun! After a while we left, and while we were walking down Cedar Springs, we saw a drag queen playing the guitar and singing The Beatles. Of course we stopped. I don't know how long we stayed there singing songs with her, but it seemed like forever! We finally left and went home. I didn't get to bed until around 4am.

Saturday I had to get up kinda early and get ready. Kristin came and picked me up, and we headed to Farmers Market. We were both starving when we got there, so we ate at the little Mexican restaurant there. Then we walked around and bought lots of produce. I got corn, onions, squash, peanuts, and a watermelon. The day wouldn't be complete without some drama. Jesse was watching Elora while we were out and he was being an ass. Did I mention that I can't stand him? He finally decided to watch her until after we were done with our plans. So after Farmers Market, we went to Borders. I ended up buying 4 books! I won't have to buy a book for the rest of the year! Then we headed over to Central Market. While we were there, I found the Stella Rosa wine I had been looking for. I got so excited, and had to hold myself back from buying more than one bottle. I also bought some strawberries, a pineapple, homemade tortillas, and blueberry granola. I saw some white tulips while I was there that I fell in love with. But I couldn't buy them since it was so hot outside and we weren't going home anytime soon. And I found out the name of the flowers that I want to buy for my apartment, but now I can't remember what they are called.

After all our shopping, we went to The Angelika to see Sex and the City. They have a bar at The Angelika, so of course we had to get something. I got a white zinfandel and Kristin got a cosmo. The movie was 2 1/2 hours long, but it didn't seem like it. I really liked it. Now I'm real excited to read the book. After the movie, we went to Martini Ranch. We were expecting the martinis to be $5, but they were more like $7. The place was pretty empty, so we went to Mattito's instead. We sat at the bar and ordered a margarita. I had the best margarita that I've had in a long time! We made friends with the bartender and he made us a free shot. After 3 margaritas and a shot, I was feeling pretty good. Jesse called and said that Elora could spend the night with him, so we didn't have to go to Lewisville to pick her up. The only bad thing about that was the fact that I was looking forward to surprising Jesse with my appearance :) So since we didn't have to leave, we stayed and I drank more. I never to get to drink like that, so I took advantage of it. Amber came up there and joined us a little later. I fell for the bartender, but it could have been all the tequila too. We stayed till close and then went home. When we got back to my place, Kristin had a beer waiting for me (like I needed one). It was the new Pomegranate Raspberry Mich. Ultra. It was good. After I drank my beer, she left and I passed out!

Sunday I woke up thinking ~ What the hell did I do? I rolled out of bed and headed to work. Shortly after we opened we had this really strange guy come in and sit at the bar. He kept talking about how he liked to drink cheap liquor and that it was hard to be gay in Paris, TX. He started hitting on everybody, including me. After a few drinks, we was obviously drunk. So we cut him off and he tried to leave without paying. Keith told him to come back and pay him later. We all knew he wouldn't come back. We watched him stumble around the block and then later we saw him pass out in the parking lot across the street. He got up after a few minutes and fell again. He got up again and then fell down in the entry way of the parking lot. Someone went across the street to get him out of the street and the firemen came down to look at him. Soon a cop showed up and arrested him. After work I came home and passed out.

I hadn't got much sleep all weekend, so I slept 12 hours last night. But I had so much fun and it was so worth it! Kristin doesn't have Elora this weekend, so I'm hoping to have a repeat weekend!

No comments: