Monday, June 9, 2008

Brian and Chelsea's Wedding

Saturday was Brian and Chelsea's wedding. I have really been looking forward to this wedding cause they make such an adorable couple. They have been together for 7 years! This was my first outdoor wedding. It wasn't very hot, but the sun was right in our eyes for a while. Everyone looked beautiful (especially the bride). And it was a very emotional wedding. It made me want to get married.

The reception was a lot of fun. There was dancing, drinking and eating. I had a real good time. We stayed until the wedding was over at midnight. They gave out homemade salsa and golf tees and gifts. I think I ended up taking home 6 jars of salsa. I ate some today and that stuff is delicious!

You know, I think weddings are beautiful and fun, but I can't help but get a little sad when I'm at a wedding. Every wedding is a reminder that my Dad will never walk me down the isle. He will never give me away. I will never get to have a father/ daughter dance. And that really upsets me. Also, at Brian's wedding, they had a seating of the grandparents. I probably can't have that either. The only grandparent I have is Grandma, and I really don't see her attending my future wedding.

At Brian's wedding the grooms men wore fish hooks on the boutonnieres to honor Brad. He was also listed as an honorary grooms man in the program. I knew about this before the wedding and was really touched that Brian incorporated him into the wedding. I was worried that we would all be crying at the wedding, but we made it through without any tears. Then later on we were sitting at the table and Ronnie came over to the table with his flower in his hand and leaned over and gave it to Uncle Gary. They hugged and then Uncle Gary started to tear up. Then it was like a chain reaction: Aunt Lana started crying, Mom did too, then me, then Rachel. As soon as I got composed again, Steven came over and gave his flower to Aunt Lana. Then the crying started all over again! It was a very sweet thing to do, and I know it meant a lot to Aunt Lana and Uncle Gary.

But even with all the sadness, it was a great wedding. I'm so happy for them and wish them the best!! Now it's picture time!

Here comes the bride

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Chelsea, Aunt Lana, Brian
Me and Ronnie
The boutonniere
They are always goofing off
Mom and I

Victoria, Ryan, Ronnie The cake


No comments: