Sunday, December 30, 2007

End of the year thoughts

So, I had a wonderful. I got lots of great presents (mostly for my kitchen!). I got a gift card from Mom, so I bought some curtains and frames for the 2 posters I wanted to hang in the living room. They all look so good.

Today Mom came over and put up my curtains. I'm so excited. I feel like I've been waiting forever. It gets so hot in my room and when I wake up, the sun is blaring in my eyes. So hopefully these curtains will put an end to that. Then we grabbed a bite to eat at Bueno and headed to Rockwall. We met Aunt Lana and Debbie at the movies to see I Am Legend. It was good. I would call it a combination of 28 Days Later, Land of the Dead, and a drama. After the movie, we went to Old Navy and exchanged some things. I got 2 pairs of jeans (much needed), a shirt, and ornaments (75% off). Then we stopped by Target, and I finally got the purse I had been eyeing for a couple of days now. I called it a night early tonight. I've been tired all day, and I just didn't feel like getting out again. I was going to clean, but I watched a movie instead.

Now a look back on this year...

This year was supposed to be a year of change. I was going to go overseas, graduate college, move out, and get a new job. I just knew I was going to be so happy by the end of the year.

I made the grades I needed in the spring to go to London. I had a graduation/going away party. It was an early graduation party, but I had no doubt that I would graduate.

In June I packed my bags and headed to London. I was so scared and yet so excited. I had never been away from home that long before. Plus, I didn't have anyone to turn to. That experience made me realize that I can do things on my own. I had so much fun and learned so many things. I'd go back in a heart beat if I could.

While I was away, Meme passed away. That was real hard for me since I was far from home and couldn't be with Mom. I got to see her just before I left. She told me that I was such a sweetheart and then she gave me a hug. I still find myself telling myself I need to go see her, but then I quickly remember she's gone.

When I got back home, I started looking at apartments. I just wanted to narrow the search to a few apartments I liked, so I could get an idea of what I wanted. I ended up finding the perfect apartment. I took Kristin to see it the next day. And then a few days later I took Mom. Then I signed the lease for it. It's funny, I had wanted to move out for so long. And then as soon as it was a reality, I was scared. I thought-I can't leave home. I almost backed out, but I knew I had to do it. I needed to be on my own and be my own person. Mom and Aunt Lana helped out so much. (I still haven't taken them out to eat for it. I still owe you!!) I was so happy to be in my new apartment. It was what I had wanted for years.

When I got back from London, business was so slow at Posados. I wasn't making any money, Bill wouldn't put me back in the bar, and my hours were being cut. I made the decision to quit and go to work at The Jalapeno Tree. Les came with me, which made the transition easier. We were working over 50 hours a week, every week. The money was flowing in, but I was so exhausted and had no time to see anybody. I made so much money that first month, but then business slowly dropped off. I began to hate that place more and more everyday. I would constantly complain and cry. I was miserable. Then the unexpected happened. I was let go. Jobless at the end of the year...who would have thought?

I had been looking for a job since August. I expected it would be difficult, but I never imagined it would take this long. I can't help but feel like a loser right now. I have a college education, no job, no money, an apartment I can't afford, and I feel like I have no future. This was supposed to be a happy year. Since there are only 2 more days left in the year, I don't think my goal of finding a job will be achieved. But I have to believe that things happen for a reason. Hopefully I will find a job soon, so I can get back on my feet.

Also this year I got to spend it with Les. He has become my best friend. We have been through a lot this year: job changes, job losses, loss of family, moving, and much more. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary in November. He's been good to me, and I am very thankful for him.

I am also thankful for my Mom. She has helped me out so much this year. At the beginning of the year I was pushing her away because I felt smothered. Moving out has strengthened our relationship. We talk more, and our time spent together is more precious. I know I have been needy this year. I just hope that I can get a good job so she doesn't have to help me out so much. And she can focus more on herself. (And getting out of that house!!)

So I guess it's time to make my New Year's resolutions:
-find a job!!!!!!
-pay of all my credit cards
-stop drinking so much coke
-stop eating fast food (except for in emergencies)
-bake and cook more
-take a small vacation with Les
-start exercising
-go back blonde!!

No comments: