Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've been snuggled in my bed for weeks

Well not really, but that’s what it feels like. I haven’t subbed since early December, so I’ve been pretty much stuck at home since then. It may sound nice, but I can’t spend any money, so I usually spend the day in my pajamas watching TV. I’m now making a considerably less amount of money than I used to, so I decided to get a second job. I interviewed at a restaurant that I really wanted to work at last week. I got the job but they haven’t contacted me to let me know when training starts. I’m starting to get very anxious. Not that I’m excited about working 2 jobs, but I need some money. And I need it soon. Even though I dread waiting tables and I said I wouldn’t do it again, I’m looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully making some good money. I’d really like to be able to pay my bills and start paying off some debt. Plus I want to get out of the house.

During my time off I’ve found some really great new blogs to read, played with my new 50 mm lens, crocheted, and cooked a lot of new things. This year I wanted to cook more and make more from scratch. I thought I’d share what I’ve been eating this past week.

Homemade pizza

Instead of using sauce, I mixed ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and caramelized onions together. Then I spread it on a tortilla wrap. Next I added roasted yellow peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. It was so delicious.


Caesar salad

This is my new favorite thing to eat. I just used romaine lettuce, low-fat mozzarella cheese, and fried onion strings. Then I topped it with lite caeser dressing. I think the onion strings are a good substitute for croutons.

Mini pizzas

I got the idea for these from this post. I used an English muffin and topped each piece with mozzarella (pre-sliced) and tomatoes. Sometimes I eat it with a salad, but it’s good by itself. And it’s super easy and fast to make.

Stuffed peppers

I got the idea to try quinoa from this post. I thought it would be good in stuffed peppers, and it was! I stuffed the peppers with cooked quinoa, ground turkey and cheese. They were so good we ate them 2 nights in a row!


Snack crackers

I wanted something light to eat the other day so I used Town House crackers and topped them with pesto cheese and buffalo chicken. So yummy.

No comments: