Monday, July 5, 2010

Good News

So I've had a little secret the past couple of months. I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life lately, and I made the decision to become a teacher! I signed up to take an alternative program online. I want to teach 4th-6th grade, so I have to get certified to teach 4-8th grade.

I had to take a content test that included the subjects I will teach and scenarios. I was pretty nervous because I couldn't find any study guides for the test. The only thing I had access to were practice tests (which were super hard).

I took the test on June 30th. I was pretty sure I was going to fail, but I went anyway. The test wasn't nearly as hard as the practice test, but it was still intimidating. I left the test feeling pretty good. I didn't think I aced it, but I didn't feel like I totally bombed it either.

I had to wait a couple of days to gets my scores. I think I checked that website about 20 times a day to see if they had posted my scores! Finally they posted them, and I passed!! Can you believe it?! I felt like this huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

So now the next step is to find a job. I'm pretty nervous about that as well since I don't have any kind of teaching experience. So lets keep our fingers crossed that I can find something!

No comments: