Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime fun

This weekend was a busy one. Friday after work I went to the Etsy party with a friend from work. I’ve never been to Oak Cliff, so I got to see a bunch of cool shops and restaurants. They have this cool soda pop shop that has all different kinds of sodas.
We also went into the pet shop and I got some treats and toys for the doggies. The toy I got for Riley didn’t even last 30 minutes. After she destroyed her toy she found Roxie’s new toy and destroyed it too. Sometimes I wonder about her…

After walking around we ate dinner at a Mayan/ Aztec restaurant. It was sooooo good! I had blue corn tacos with shredded chicken, cheese, and a yummy, creamy, spicy sauce. I was in heaven!

Saturday I got up early and ran some errands. When I got home my aunt and cousin came over to visit. Right after they left, a couple came over for a cake tasting. They want me to do the wedding cake for their wedding, and they wanted to taste the different flavors of cake and icing that I offered. They were the cutest couple. I can’t wait to make their cake!

I spent the rest of the day cleaning and baking cupcakes for Sunday. Sunday was my friend Ryan’s birthday, so we hung out by the pool drinking margaritas. I was out there for 4 hours and didn’t get burned. I was pretty proud of myself! Here are some pictures from the pool.
The birthday boy!
I picked up Rusty Taco on the way home and spent the rest of the evening in bed watching So You Think You Can Dance and True Blood.
I also made some cute jungle cupcakes this weekend. I think they are just adorable!

No comments: