Monday, June 21, 2010


I’ve been a busy bee lately, and I haven’t had the time to update. So let me go back a couple of weeks.

The weekend before last I went to Oklahoma for a family reunion. Before we left, both dogs got sick. They did fine on the ride up there and at the room. We got to Oklahoma around 4 on Friday. We dropped off the dogs at the hotel and headed over to my cousin’s house. Once most of the family had arrived we all headed downtown to eat Mexican food.
Dawn and her granddaughter Lexi
(she doesn't look old enough to be a grandmother does she?!)
Vic, Brenda, Aunt Nete and Dane
Dawn, Lexi and Kayla
the lovely pictures of aliens
Jeremy loves his hometown!

After dinner Mom and I headed back to the hotel to let the dogs out and then headed back to my cousin’s house. We hung out with the family for a while and then headed back to the hotel.

Saturday we got up and headed out to Robbers Cave. We took the dogs out with us, but Roxie was way too freaked out and Riley was going crazy trying to see everyone. I ended up taking them back to the room after about 15 minutes. We spent most of the day eating and visiting. All of the family was there except for about 20 people. I got to meet a lot of little cousins that I had never met before.
Jeremy enjoying one of my cupcakes!

Later in the day I went over to Robbers Cave with my cousins Jeremy and Tim. Jeremy said we were just going to “look” at the cave, but then he started climbing up the giant rock. I made it up half way, but then chickened out and climbed down. I was wearing flip flops and carrying my expensive camera, so I didn’t want to fall and break my camera.

It was getting real hot, so when we got back to the pavilion everyone was packing up. Mom and I went back to the hotel to take a shower since we were hot and sticky. After relaxing a bit we headed back out to my cousin’s. We spent the evening there talking and watching all the kids run around. If you know me, you know that I absolutely love spending time with family. I really wish I got to see my family more often.

We were super tired when we got back to the hotel. The dogs were still sick, but they seemed to be a little better. We hadn’t watched the time and we left Riley in the kennel longer than we should have. She had to go potty so bad when we got there. I had to put her in the tub and wash her off when she was done. As soon as she ran out of the bathroom she jumped on Mom’s bed and went potty again!. Then I had to give her another bath. Mom had to stay up all night while the sheets were in the wash. Luckily the washers and dryers were right next door to us. We had to keep Riley in the kennel because we were afraid she would potty on the bed again. She hates being in the kennel when someone is in the room, so she barked all night long. Considering we had to leave at 6 the next morning, I didn’t get any sleep.

The drive home was rough. I had real bad allergies and was exhausted. We gave the dogs a pill to calm them during the car ride. They had done fine before, but I guess since Riley was a little dehydrated and didn’t get much sleep, she was almost lifeless after the pill. We were so worried about her. We stopped at a clinic on the way home, but they weren’t open. We decided to go home and look up an emergency clinic online. We were so tired and Riley was doing a little better, so we took a nap and then went to the vet. We were there for about 3 hours. They gave the dogs fluids and pills to clear up any infection they may have. So after $200 for each dog, they seemed to feel better. They had been sick for nearly a week, and we never figured out what caused it. Now they are better and back to normal.

Other than the sick dogs, I had a lot of fun on the trip.

No comments: