Sunday, February 21, 2010

My weekend

This weekend was one of the rare ones where I didn't have to work. And boy did I enjoy it! After work on Friday I headed over to Kristin's to help her bake. I also got to see her new place, which is so nice. She wanted to bake hamburger cupcakes for her party. While the cupcakes were in the oven I snapped some photos of my nieces.

Elora was the taste tester and little helper

We made vanilla cupcakes and used brownies for the meat. We colored coconut green to look like lettuce, yellow icing for the mustard, and yellow fondant for the cheese. I think they turned out super cute!

Saturday I slept in, which felt nice. Then I spent most of the day baking and getting ready. Since Kristin did a food theme for her sweets I decided to make a cake that looked like chips and salsa. I made the chips out of sugar cookies and the salsa is strawberry jelly.

I had fun at the party and got to see a lot of my friends. I took a bunch of pictures with my Holga, but I haven't taken them to be developed yet. But I did manage to snap a couple of pictures with my other camera.

Today I slept until 1pm, which rarely happens. I've been real lazy today. I have a baby shower cake and maybe a birthday cake to make this week, so I've been planning that out.

My dogs play all the time. Today they were playing on my bed so I was able to capture them in the act :)

No comments: