Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday blues

This weekend was the first weekend I've had off in a long time. We started rotating who works every Saturday at work. I had plans to get lots done, but unfortunately that didn't happen.
I did manage to scrapbook. It's been forever since I'd had a chance to sit down and scrapbook. I have been buying supplies frequently and I ended up with a bunch of stickers!

Here are a few of the pages I did:

Saturday I wanted to sleep in, but I knew I couldn't. I woke up in a bad mood and I couldn't seem to shake it. Mom and I went to the cake store to pick up a few things. Then we went to the tailor so I could get my jeans hemmed. I wanted to go to the scrapbook store next door, but it was gone. It had gone out of business. Now I don't know of any scrapbook stores in the Dallas area. After all that we went to eat at Texas Land & Cattle. I had a nice juicy steak. I also ate a spicy Cesar salad. We ran a few more errands and then headed home.

I had planned on getting a lot of baking and prep work done for the upcoming week. But all I managed to do was make these super cute duck toppers. They took a lot of time to make, but I was very proud of them.

Tonight I came home and made cake pops for a friend at work. I got real frustrated because all the cake pops cracked after I had decorated them. I don't know if they were too cold and the warm chocolate made it crack or if the cake pop god hates me. I also baked some cupcakes for an order on Wed. and they look burnt. I know that they aren't, but the bottom of the paper liner is black. Mom keeps telling me that doesn't look good, so I will probably have to make them again. Right now I don't care how they look, but that's just because I'm in a fowl mood. I already have to bake 1 or 2 cakes tomorrow and make icing and fondant toppers, so I really don't need the added work.

Since I'm not in a happy mood, I think I will crawl into bed and go to sleep. Plus my little toes feel frozen! But before I go, here are a few pictures of Buttercup that I snapped this weekend:

No comments: