Sunday, February 14, 2010

I made it!

I can’t believe I made it through the week. It’s probably been the craziest week I’ve had in a while. I had a ton of orders that I finally finished up at 2 in the morning. Here is a list of what I had to do:

100 cake pops
100 rice crispy treats
2 cakes
72 cupcakes

Did I mention that I am so freaking tired?!

On Tuesday I made an order of cake pops for a girl at work. I didn’t take any pictures because I had already made that style before. On Wednesday I made a dozen cupcakes for a birthday. They were supposed to look girly, so I made martini glasses, butterflies, and flowers.

I ended up with some extra cupcakes (3 dozen to be exact) because the first batch of cupcakes I made looked dark on the bottom. So I decided to decorate the extras for Valentines Day and just take them to work.

These were my favorite.

I also had to make 50 rice crispy treats. Half of them were for a Valentines Day party at school.

And the other half was for a birthday.

I spent all night Thursday baking the rest of the cakes and cupcakes I needed. I was up till about 2am. I got up around 9am on Friday to start baking some more. Unfortunately our power went out and was out for about 2 hours. I ended up losing about 3 hours of work time and had to rush to finish everything. The first order I made was for a duck themed baby shower. These cupcakes are the cutest ever! I made the little ducks out of fondant and used white degrees for the bubbles.

I also made these duck cake pops.

My next order was for a Mario Bros. themed birthday party. I made a small vanilla cake and dyed it red. I didn’t get to take a picture of the inside because my camera battery was dead. I was having trouble with all of the fondant. I don’t know if it was the weather or just bad luck. I was real unhappy with the cracks on the cake, but I tried to cover them as best as I could.

I also made these cupcakes. I think they turned out super cute.

Mom was a big help with the cake pops. I had to shape them like the little mushrooms on the game. I think she did an awesome job.

The last order I did was a Valentines cake. Again I had problems with the fondant, so I was not happy about that. Also, I had lost all patience somewhere after midnight.

Yesterday I was running on maybe 5 hours of sleep. I had to get up early because the roads were bad in some spots. Luckily I was able to make it to work with no trouble and enough time to get a taquito from Whataburger :)

This week was also crazy because it snowed. Yes, you heard me. It snowed in Dallas. I have never ever seen snow like this. Usually we see a few flurries that never stick and quickly turn into sleet. But Mom woke me up Thursday morning and she told me there was more snow outside than there was on Christmas. Of course I didn’t believe her. So I got out of bed and everything was covered in snow! It was beautiful. I wanted to stay home from work just so I could play in the snow and take pictures. And it snowed all day. I couldn’t believe it. At work I went downstairs at lunch and built a tiny snowman.

When I got home, there was about 8 inches of snow in the yard. I immediately went in the back yard with the dogs and started running around. I tried to build a snowman, but he was pretty small.

The dogs loved the snow. Riley kept trying to eat it. Roxie would burry her head in the snow and then throw her head up and snow would fly in the air. They looked like little rabbits hopping around in the snow. I took them out again later that night and it was the most beautiful thing. It was completely silent outside and it was so bright since everything was covered in snow. I also felt very safe. I live in not the best part of town, so I don’t like to be outside at night. But I was pretty sure that I was the only person crazy enough to be hanging out outside :)

The snow was still everywhere when I woke up. I grabbed my camera and the dogs and headed outside.

Shortly after we came back in, the power went out. I hated to watch all the snow melt away during the day. I loved having the snow around. It made me wonder if I should move to someplace that actually has snow on a regular basis. I was surprised to see that there was quite a bit of snow left this morning. It’s cleared off the roadways and trees, but it still lingers on yards and rooftops.

Watching the dogs play around made me think that I need to get a video camera. These are the moments I want to look back on. Maybe I will get one of those small recorders that look like a camera. Any suggestions?

Today was Valentines Day. I got up early and Mom and I went to breakfast. After that we ran a few errands and came home. I had to make another order of rice crispy treats, but that didn't take too long. I'm going to enjoy this week since it should be pretty easy going. Luckily I don't have any orders till next week. I'm going to watch lots of TV and do nothing this week!
I wanted to show you this picture of our little animals. It's rare that you will see Buttercup on the same chair as the dogs. It's also rare that Roxie will look at the camera. She tends to run away everytime I try to take her picture.

No comments: