Sunday, September 20, 2009

A day in the life

Well, well. I have been up to a lot lately. Boy, time flies when you’re having fun!

First off, I got a new car! I took advantage of the cash for clunkers and got myself a black Honda CRV. I ended up upgrading it and getting the car with the 6 disk changer and moon roof. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! You wonder how I can afford a new car? Really…I can’t. So I will be moving home for a year or so to pay it off. Hopefully I will be able to save a little money when I move home.

I don’t look forward to moving. And I really don’t look forward to packing. But I do get to paint my room a groovy green. I also get a new queen size bed. I’m selling some of my stuff so I can get new, shiny stuff. I’m thinking about getting a new TV and selling my old one. I don’t really have room for my gigantic TV in my room. I’m also selling my bed since I got a new one.

Lately I’ve been trying to do some good. I decided to start fostering dogs for Paws in the City. I told them that I needed a small dog that was crate trained since I live in an apartment. They showed up at my door with a 7 month old Rottweiler/Lab mix. She was a really sweet girl, but she was way to big for my apartment. Plus she was slowing destroying all of Riley’s toys. And did I mention she was a poop machine?! I’ve never seen something poop so much. I finally broke down after a week and told the organization that I couldn’t keep her anymore. I dropped her off at a boarding facility until they could find a new foster.

This is Maggie


Then they gave me a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix. He was a sweetie, but he had a problem with spraying. The poor little guy had to wear a diaper all the time. He went to the adoption event today and was adopted!

Meet Toby


Now I have a Yorkie named Tonto. He was surrendered because his mom had cancer and wasn't going to make it through the weekend. Nobody would take him in, so he was taken to the organization. The story broke my heart, so I just had to take him. He is a really sweet guy. I'm so happy that he is potty trained, but he does pass gas quite frequently (like right now). Hopefully someone will adopt him soon.



Back on Sep. 19 Mom and I went to see Paul McCartney. It was so awesome! He played at the Cowboys stadium, so we got to check out the new stadium. He played all of his hits and a couple of surprises. He sang “Something” which was so pretty. He also sang “A Day in the Life” and after he sang his original part he went into “Give Peace a Chance” Before I knew it, I was crying…uncontrollably. The concert lasted forever and it was so good.



I’ve been a baking fool lately. Last week I had to make 2 orders of cakepops and 3 dozen cupcakes for Sat, and order of cakepops for Monday, an order of cakepops for Wed., and an order of chocolate covered strawberries for Sat. It was a little stressful, but worth it. I made the prettiest cupcakes. The theme was Tinkerbell, so I made green and purple icing with fondant flowers. I bought a new tip that made the icing look like roses. I tried out this new edible pearl spray on the flowers and it turned out super cute. I also put sanding sugar on the cakepops and they were so pretty. I almost didn’t want to give them away!

Here are some of my recent creations:

Right now I’ve been brain storming ideas for Halloween. I think I’m going to see what all I can make and hopefully people will order some goodies. I have so many ideas, but they always seem to look better in my head :)


A few weeks ago I watched a friend's cats while he was in between homes. I really enjoyed having them around, but Riley didn't share the same feeling. The cats enjoyed chasing Riley around the apartment. And unlike the cats she was used to, these had claws. Here are some pictures of Kitty and Bagheera.


It’s been so dead at work lately, so I spend most of my day searching blogs. I’ve become re-inspired to keep up with my blog. I’ve also added some new links on the side -> so check them out.

Bueno:

New car smell

Rain

Getting to decorate my new room

Helping out the doggies

Buttercream icing

Descender


Sleeping puppies

No Bueno:


Poop!


Not getting enough sleep


Dirty dishes


Working Saturdays...bleh

No comments: