Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fire it up!

Well, well, well. What have I been up to?
Last Saturday Mom and I went to the Plano Balloon Festival. I had never even heard about it before, but apparently it's a pretty big thing. There were a ton of people there. We started the day off by shopping at North Park. Bath & Body was having a sell, so of course we had to check it out. Since we were at North Park, they didn't have that big of a selection. But I did manage to spend money. I bought some room sprays, a halloween candle holder, cherry blossom hand cream (which I love!), and some new warming body wash. While we were at the mall, we stopped by Delia's. I wasn't expecting to find anything there, but I actually found quite a few things. I found a cardigan, dress, and a shirt.
After shopping, we headed over to Mockingbird Station. We decided to ride the Dart rail to Plano instead of driving. An all day pass only costs $3! It was crowded when we got on, but the ride was pretty short. We got there, found a place, and set up our chairs. We watched the balloons take off, then they lit them up after night fall. At the end of the night there were fireworks. I got sick with allergies when we were there, so I was ready to go home before it even ended. Too bad we had to wait in the bus line for an hour.
The next day was Gay Pride day. Since I work on Cedar Springs, that is a pretty big day for me. It got so busy that Kristin had to help me out. At one point, we had about 40 people in our section. Kristin did a really good job and busted her ass. Luckily our crazy day ended at 3. After work we went to Posados to eat, and then I went home to pass out.
This week I haven't done much. I've pretty much just stayed at home and watched TV. I did manage to decorate the pumpkins that I bought last week. I covered them in glue and then put green and orange glitter on them. They turned out really good, but they were a pain in the ass to decorate. I will post pictures of them later. I want to get some big pumpkins, but I think I will wait. Me and Kristin are going to take Elora to a pumpkin patch. I've never been to one before, but I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to take some pictures of Elora with my new camera.
Oh! Last week I had a baking disaster. I was going to make a cream and caramel cake, but instead I ended up making a hug, hard pancake. Oh well, I will try again. :)

No comments: