Monday, July 7, 2008

Bang Bang

Another holiday weekend come and gone. This is the first year that I haven’t had to work every holiday, so I’m still unsure what to do with myself. This 4th of July I didn’t make any plans. I thought I would just see what came my way.

Thursday I worked half a day. I was supposed to get off at 1pm, but I was suddenly slammed with work. Everyone came to me at 1 and wanted me to call this person, email that person, do this, do that. Geez!! I got so stressed. I ended up leaving at 1:40pm. I headed over to The Bronx and demanded a margarita. After I ate lunch, Keith and I went down to JR’s to have a few drinks. On our way back to The Bronx (Keith had to go back to work) I stopped at Café Brazil and hung out for a while. Then Chesley called, so I met her up at Chili’s. I was supposed to hang out with Lizeth that night, but she bailed. So I went home and passed out instead.

Friday I slept in. Then I got up to do some cleaning. I managed to clean my kitchen, living room, and vacuum. Amber called and invited me to come over to the house she is house sitting. So around 6 I headed over there. I spent the evening hanging out with the McCords. We swam a little and then had dinner at El Finex. My allergies were kicking my ass that day. So after dinner I just wanted to go home and get in bed. On the way home I saw fireworks nearby. So I pulled in a parking lot at Oates and 635 to watch the fireworks. I can’t remember the last time I went to watch fireworks. Watching the fireworks made me think of Brad. I guess because it’s something that we used to do together. It made me miss him. But the fireworks also made me happy because they filled the sky with sparkling lights. It doesn’t get much better than that. After the fireworks were over I headed home. Lizeth called on my way home and invited me to her brothers’ party. I ended up meeting her at Wal-Mart, along with Liz and Ceaser, and following her over to Jake and Hugo’s. Nate was there. I hadn’t seen him in 7 years. He’s huge now! Patrick also showed up. Getting all those guys together is a lot of fun. I ended up leaving around 3am. Towards the end of the party my allergies were getting bad again, so I went home to pass out.

Saturday I woke up and went over to Mom’s for pizza. I stayed over there for a while, then left to run some errands. I went to Old Navy to return a shirt, then to Target to do a return as well. I thought there was no harm in looking around a little. $100 later I regretted that decision. I ended up buying a curling iron, a magnifying mirror, picture frames, a shirt, and some cosmetics. I was walking down the cosmetic isle and got so excited to see that Target is now carrying Boots products. Boots is the UK’s version of Walgreens, except it’s more sophisticated. I ended up buying face wipes, bust firming cream, and a micro-dermabrasion exfoliator. Of course I wanted to buy everything, but I had to refrain myself.

Later that night I went to Wal-Mart to finally do some grocery shopping. I went around 10pm and it was packed. It made me start thinking about our society. Our life is full of places that are open 24hrs. Everyone is on the go and wants everything now. So different than what it used to be. Of course I am one of those people that shop in the middle of the night.

Sunday morning I had to work. Work went pretty well. It wasn’t too busy, but it was steady. Monica Terran came up there to see me. Kristin and Elora also came up there. Elora got her hair cut and it looks so adorable. Kristin ended up staying after we closed. We had plans of swimming later, but I went home and accidentally fell asleep. After my nap I didn’t feel like doing anything. So I layed on the couch and watched X-Men. I had a hard time falling asleep that night.

Today I did not want to go to work. I was tired and it was boring. After work I had my first baking class. It didn't start till 7, so I killed some time at the mall. Then I headed over to Stephanie's. FYI...her house is super cute. In today's lesson we learned how to make icing and ice a cake. We also did a little piping. My cake was cute until I started to pipe the top. Below is a picture. I'm thinking about doing the optional homework. I have to make a cake and decorate it. The winner will get a prize. Now I just have to do some brain storming! I'm going to take my cake to work tomorrow. I really want a piece of it now, but I would hate to take a half eaten cake to work. So I will just have to wait.

No comments: