Monday, July 21, 2008

Sick Day

More like sick week. I've been sick with allergies for over a week now. I had to miss a couple days of work and go to the doctor. All of which is no fun. And I've been absent from my posting, so I know you must be wondering what I've been up to :)

Last Friday I worked both jobs. I was in a crappy section at The Bronx, but then Brad cut his finger and had to go home, so I got to help David out with his section. We had 2 parties, one of which included a movie star. Carole Cook and her husband, Tom, brought their family in for dinner. Of course I didn't know they were actors until they were leaving. Carole loved my earrings and wanted to take them from me. They were a lot of fun. I ended up making $100 that night, so it was a good night for me. After work I ran into some of the kitchen guys in the parking lot. Mr Muscles showed up while I was out there talking. They all decided to go to Havana, so of course I went with them. I love that place.

Saturday I slept all day and the went to Becca's cousin's wedding. I went to pick her up at her hotel off 75. I was at the light at 75 and Caruth Haven, the light turned green, so I went straight. All of a sudden I see the car to my right turn left in front of me. I tried to stop and avoid the car, but I couldn't. My bumper hit the tail end of the car. We pulled off in a parking lot to look at the damage. Some young, prissy girl got out of the car. We exchanged info and I took pictures of the damage. I asked her if she was in a turn lane, and she said she was. But I could have sworn that the lane I was in was a turn or go straight lane. After we got all the info, her boyfriend showed up. She had called him to come pick her up, even though her car was drivable. So me and Becca went around through the light again and discovered that she was at fault. I wasn't as freaked out as I thought I would be. But I think it's because I knew it wasn't my fault and the damage wasn't too bad on my car.

My car
Her car
Proof that I know what I'm doing
After the wreck, we went to The Bronx for dinner and then to the wedding. I was starting to get sick with my allergies, so I went home fairly early and passed out. Sunday I got so sick. It was horrible. Luckily I didn't have to work that day. When I woke up on Monday, I was still real sick, so I called in. Later on in the day I started to feel a lot better. I decided to go to my cake class. We worked on piping. When it was time to decorate our cakes, I chose to do one of the most difficult designs. The design wasn't really that hard to do, but doing zig-zags all around the cake hurt my hand so bad. But I was proud of my cake!
Tuesday I went back to work, and I felt so much better. Wednesday went by fine. And then Thursday came. I woke up and my allergies were bothering me. I went to work and they were just unstoppable. After an hour of work, I had to leave. I called Mom crying cause I didn't feel good. I was able to make a doctor's appointment for later that day. Around noon I met Mom at Panera for lunch. Then we went to Best Buy to look around a little before my appointment. The doctor told me what I already knew - I had severe allergies. She gave me a prescription and a ton of samples, so I didn't have to get my prescription filled. After the doctor, I met Mom at Lowes. We had to trade cars cause she was going to go get an estimate on the damage from my wreck. She was up there buying paint, and while we were waiting, I suggested that we go look at the flowers. They had the prettiest cacti and succulents, so we ended up buying some. And then we had to buy a pot for them and some rocks. It was more expensive than I expected. After leaving Lowes I came home and took a nap. Later I went over to Mom's to plant my succulents. They are so pretty!

Friday I felt back to normal. While I was at work at The Bronx, I was stepping down a little step, my feet slipped off and I fell straight down on my knees. I did this in front of everyone! It shocked me more than it hurt. I got up and laughed it off. Later I pulled up my pant leg to see what I had done and discovered that I missing a couple layers of skin. Also, it looked like part of my leg was poking through. It was so nasty, yet I hadn't messed up my pants. Most of the damage was on my left leg. My right leg was just scraped a little. That night my legs hurt so bad. My wound has gotten a little better, but it's still bad. And it hurts like hell all the time.

The day it happened. This picture doesn't do it justice. It was nasty!

What it looks like now. You can see the huge bruise to the right of it.

Kristin came up to see me that night. It was pretty slow so I got to hang out with her. All the guys in the kitchen like her and are like "oh your friend is so pretty!" Blas is in love with her and keeps trying to get me to set her up with him. I keep telling him that he's too old. Luis even brought her out a piece of pie. I told her ~ I've been replaced! Later in the evening, there was something said about tow trucks towing the cars across the street. So we all went up front to watch tow truck after tow truck tow every single car from the parking lot across the street. Since they couldn't back up to get the cars, the tow trucks were backing up to them sideways and lifting them off the ground, turning them, dropping them back on the ground and then hooking them up. William almost got his car towed, but he moved it just in time. While this was going on, Jess showed up. He got all pissed and told David to send me and William home. So we left and hung out in the parking lot. We were going to go do something, but nobody could decide on anything. So Kristin left and I stayed and talked to the guys for a little while.

Saturday I slept all day. I got out around 7 to run some errands and then I went to Mom's. Debbie and Aunt Lana were over there painting, so I hung out for a while. I found out that Ronnie is having another baby. I also found out that Steven designs hats and shoes. I want to see what his shows look like, cause I might want some. He get a pair of Vans and just draws freehand on them. He does the same with the hats.

Sunday I had to work. It was pretty busy, so I made good money. I stayed up there all day cause after work we celebrated David's birthday. Then me and Keith were up there just hanging out. Jess ended up showing up, so we snuck out the back. He came home with me since he is having boyfriend trouble. We watched Ellen's stand up, and then I went to bed.

I was so tired today. I didn't feel to good, so I didn't go to my cake class. I kind of regret it since they were doing cupcakes and fondant. But I came home and made pasta. I had been thinking about making this pasta for a while, but I've just been busy. I cooked some chicken, wheat pasta, added artichoke hearts and pine nuts, and topped it off with pesto sauce. I made the pesto sauce with basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts, and garlic oil. It was real good. And I was proud of myself. I spent the evening laying on the couch watching TV. It was just what I needed.

Lately Kristin's leg has been bothering her. I've been worried because she has already had surgery. And severe pain isn't usually from nothing. She went to the doctor today and found out that it is a blood clot. She was admitted to the hospital this evening, and probably has to stay for a couple of days. Hopefully they have caught it before it's caused any damage. I'm just freaked out cause that could easily happen to me. And I never go to the doctor for leg pain since I get so often. But hopefully everything will be ok with Kristin and she won't have to stay in there too long.

No comments: