Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I had a great Christmas and this holiday season was full of a lot of firsts for me.
I've never been to a holiday party (sad, I know), and this year I went to 2! The first was hosted by my bestie Amber. I made this white, sparkly Christmas tree cake and mini snowflake cupcakes.
The second party was a white elephant party (which I've never been to). The gift I took was a box full of balloons. Each balloon had something in it, but you couldn't find out until the present was yours. I put $10 in the balloons. It was a lot of fun because everyone wanted the balloons! I ended up with 3 bottles of liquor.
This year I also went caroling. I didn't even think people did that anymore, but some friends of mine invited me. There were 6 of us and I took Riley. We walked down one of the more wealthy streets of Dallas and sang to people. It was so much fun! Some of the people gave us something for singing. We ended up with brownies, candy, and beer. Not too bad!
The week before Christmas I was busy making yummy goodies. For years my great aunt has made peanut brittle and sent it to our family in Texas. A couple of years ago she burned herself real bad making it and decided to stop making peanut brittle. I only eat my aunt's peanut brittle and my family loves that stuff. So this year I decided to make it. I'm not going to lie, it was very intimidating. I burned the first batch, but the 2nd and 3rd batches were perfect. I was so proud of myself. I set aside some to send to my great aunt so she can be the judge :)
My mom went crazy licking the spoon :)
I also made chocolate chip cookies, lemon raspberry cake pops, and a mini cake.

On Christmas Eve we went over to my uncle's to eat and open presents. My mom made these sandwiches that were to die for. I might have to post the recipe because they were that good. She used Hawaiian rolls and filled them with chicken and ham and swiss cheese. Then she poured a marinade over them that made them sweet and baked them. So delicious! We took the doggies with us so they got to play with their cousin Zoe. Riley had a lot of fun, but she was super tired at the end of the night.

I got a lot of great presents including a sewing machine, TOMS shoes, lots of clothes, and Just Dance 2. Christmas morning I slept in and then got up to open stockings. Riley went crazy over all the toys she got. Then my mom and I spent the rest of the day laying around in our pj's watching movies.

It was a great Christmas, but I'm sad it's over. Oh! I also contributed to I-zilla the Terrible's Tis the Season. You can check it out here.

1 comment:

Vonny said...

nice to know your blog :)