Friday, December 31, 2010

100 Monkeys

Last night I went to the 100 Monkeys concert. Now before we begin, I have no shame in saying that I think Jackson Rathbone is beyond yummy. Yes I like Twilight and have read all the books. BUT I'm not a Twilight freak. And yes, the reason I went to this concert is because I have the hots for Jackson. With that being said, lets move on :)
So I figured it would be packed at this concert, and I wanted to get a good spot to drool over Jackson. That's why I decided to show up at 5:30, even though doors didn't open until 7:30. There were already about 10-15 people there when I showed up. Unfortunately my friend who was kind enough to not make me go to this concert alone didn't get off until 7, so I was by myself for a while. I came prepared with my ipod, phone, and a book. And let me tell you, I needed that ipod to drown out all the crazies. I witnessed the strangest group of people. Apparently they were following the band all over the country. They had stuffed monkeys and Twilight bags. I felt so out of place to say the least.
After 2 hours of waiting outside we got to go in, and I was able to steak out my place. It's a super small venue and I was only 4 people back from the stage. After waiting outside for 2 hours, my feet were tired and I just wanted to sit down. But we had to wait another 2 hours for the opening act to come on. Luckily Amber got there around 9 so I had someone to talk to.
When Jackson came on stage all you could hear were the screams from all the middle aged women in the venue. (I was surprised too!) That's probably the closest I've been to a movie star. They put on a really good show, and they are worth checking out. I didn't take my camera since it's a piece of crap. I thought about sneaking in my Nikon, but decided I didn't want to have to lug it around all night. So I decided to use the camera on my phone. I ended up with some pretty good pictures and video. I took an unbelievable amount of pictures, but here are my favorite.

No comments: