Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween week

The week before Halloween was crazy busy! Saturday - Tuesday I was terribly sick. So sick, that I had to miss 2 days of work. I finally started feeling better Wed. That night Amber and I went to the Interpol concert. It was SO good! I'm so in love with Paul Banks and his music. And they played 5 of the 6 songs I wanted to hear. Not bad!
Thursday I went to Bakerella's book signing at North Park. I was surprised at the number of people there. I was #128 in line. She was super sweet and answered everyone's questions.
That night Amber and I went to the Tim Kasher concert. Before the concert we ate at House of Blues and took silly pictures of each other.
The concert was pretty good. I was a little bitter because we saw Tim outside on the phone before the concert. Amber is a huge fan, so we waited patiently for him to get off the phone so we could get a picture with him. He saw us (it was pretty obvious why we were hanging around) and totally went inside without even acknowledging us. I thought that was pretty crappy.
Friday I was so exhausted. After school I came home and took a nap. I also finished up some cakes. I made a mini wedding cake, a mini Halloween cake, and some Halloween cupcakes.
Saturday night Amber and I went to the Ghostland Observatory concert for my birthday. It was so much fun! Everyone was dressed up in their costumes and dancing. There was also an amazing laser show during the concert.
Amber made me this adorable cake for my birthday. It was butter pecan with raspberry filling. So yummy!
Sunday Mom took me out to eat and to the Dallas Aquarium. I will do a separate post about that since I took a ton of photos. She also surprised me with an iphone! I was so excited!! That night I went over to Amber's to get ready for Halloween. We were both Day of the Dead people. This is the first time I've ever painted my face.
When I got home Riley was scared of me. It was really funny, but I felt bad for her. Poor girl!
Monday was my actual birthday and I spent the day sleeping and relaxing.

No comments: